Vaccine Eligibilty Expanding
Beginning April 5, 2021, even more people will be eligible for the vaccine, including the following:
- All individuals aged 55+
- All Individuals 16 and over with intellectual and developmental disabilities:
- Developmental disabilities are a group of conditions due to an impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavior areas.
- Essential workers in the following sectors:
- Communications, IT, and media workers, including communications infrastructure support (engineers, technicians) and members of the press
- Laundry service workers, including workers in laundromats, laundry services, and dry cleaners
- Real estate, building, and home service workers, including construction workers, code officials, plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, property management, and maintenance workers
- Retail financial institution workers, including bank tellers, lending service, public accounting, and check cashing workers.
- Sanitation workers, including workers providing disinfection and janitorial services for all essential facilities and modes of transportation; city sanitation workers; residential, commercial, and industrial solid and hazardous waste removal.
- Utility workers, including electrical generation and supply system, natural gas delivery, nuclear power plant, water supply, telephone, cable/fiber optical/broadband/cellular service workers
- Higher Education workers, including educators and support staff
- Librarians, including support staff at municipal, county, and state libraries (i.e. those not included in K-12 announcement)