You may be eligible to apply for and receive New Jersey unemployment assistance payments. If you believe you meet the eligibility requirements, information about the process to file a claim is included below.
You must wait until you are unemployed/effective lay-off date to file for benefits. Claims filed while still employed WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
Unemployment Claims can ONLY be filed
ONLINE or by PHONE
Option 1: Call one of the following Call Centers:
- Call Centers are open Monday – Friday 8:00am until 4:30pm
- Southern New Jersey (856)507-2340
- NorthWest and Central New Jersey (732)761-2020
- NorthEast New Jersey (201)601-4100
- Out-of-State (888)795-6672